Official GIGABYTE Forum

[HELP!] "Loading operating system..."

aggnot

[HELP!] "Loading operating system..."
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »
Hi folks,

Yesterday when I rebooted my computer it got stuck on a black screen that said "Loading operating system..." in the top left corner. This happens right after the BIOS-screen. I've seen this message before, but only very briefly before my Windows 7 starts. Now it seems to get stuck there.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I tried to change the name of my computer from the Control Panel (this before this occurred of course) and then Windows prompted me to reboot and I did. And this is pretty much where I'm stuck.

I have access to BIOS and checked that my HDD is on boot priority #1. I also read somewhere on the internet that it would be a wise idea to disable #2 and #3 in the boot list, and I did so as well without results. What I've also done is removing everything from the back of the motherboard (USBs etc), but no luck.

My specs are as follow:
MK Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Socket 1155, Z68, ATX B3 ---
Intel® Core i5 2500K, 3.3GHz, 6MB
Corsair Classic 8GB Kit PC3-12800, 1600MHz, 2x240 DIMM

From BIOS I found out my BIOS firmware is F3.

Why does this occur? What can I do to fix this problem?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: [HELP!] "Loading operating system..."
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:59:44 am »
You can try a couple of things. One try to see if you can get into save mode. Under do the things that you did.

The 2nd thing you can try is put in your windows disk and try to do a restore back to a date before you did this.

Boot up on the windows disk and when it gets to where you are ask to install windows.

Down on the bottom of the screen you see option to repair windows. Once in there it will give different option and one of them is to do a restore.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

aggnot

Re: [HELP!] "Loading operating system..."
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:51 am »
I do not have the option to use a CD in my computer, but it should be possible as well with Windows on a USB flash drive, right?