Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77N-WIFI Three Monitors

bain

GA-Z77N-WIFI Three Monitors
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:21:18 am »
Has anyone tried a triple monitor setup with the Ivy Bridge CPU? The manual only mentions dual monitor setup. According to http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/Z77N-WiFi/5.html "There is a trio of NXP TMDS chips to convert video signals to their respective outputs. Since there are three, you should be able to use three monitors with your IVB/SB CPU, and one may be dedicated to Intel WiDi duties."

I have read that triple monitor is only possible on Ivy Bridge when two of the connections are via active displayport, but I have also read (contradictory) that HDMI + HDMI + DVI should work if both HDMI are connected to exactly the same monitor brand and model type (so they can share a pixel clock).  Can anyone confirm this? ("Note that only 3 monitors are support by Ivybridge only if 2 of those are identical and running at the same resolution (such as DP+DP, HDMI+HDMI etc).")

ysw

Re: GA-Z77N-WIFI Three Monitors
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:04:40 am »
As I know only thunderbolt m/b of gigabyte supports 3 monitors output.
others are dual monitor output.

bain

Re: GA-Z77N-WIFI Three Monitors
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »
As I know only thunderbolt m/b of gigabyte supports 3 monitors output.
others are dual monitor output.

GA-Z77-D3H supports 3 monitors on DVI/HDMI/VGA (see final post) I don't know about any others, would be nice if Gigabyte published this information.