Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper 5 Creative Issue

terryd

G1 Sniper 5 Creative Issue
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:17:00 am »
Hello!

I just got my new motherboard, and I installed everything right. All the driver installations went fine beside the Creative one. It says that "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system."

Does this mean that my motherboard has a fault and I have to refund it ?

Thank you for any help! This is really frustrating! I hope there is an easy fix which I have overseen.

Its a total fresh install, with fresh components. Windows 8 pro.

ysw

Re: G1 Sniper 5 Creative Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:47:57 am »
you may go to bios setup to check if your onboard audio is set as enabled.

Wentworth

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:17 am »
Good morning

It depends on the OS version you use.  Windows 8 is a bery bad copy of Windows 7 as Windows Vista was a bad copy of Windows XP.  If you use Win 8 you are not at the end of your problems but it you have Win 7 check the last update for Creative on Gigabyte website and if you can not find any try the Creative site where there might be an update.  Uninstall the actual driver on your computer before installing a new version so there will not be any conflict between the two of them.  If it still does not work go to your config panel of windows and go to the hardware list, you should see a driver with either a yellow ! or red X under creative or other driver pertinent to the sound.  Right clic on it and go to properties, it will tell you what is going wrong, you might be able to update the driver but please connect your computer directly to your internet modem through the ethernet cable and never use in any circumstances a WiFi connection to update any driver because if it has a milisecond hick-up while updating you might damage the chipset you are trying to update.

Hope this information will be at your satisfaction

Cheers from Quebec City, the cradle of the North-American continent.

Wentworth

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:04 am »
Good morning again

I forgot to tell you that the Core3Di quad core audio processor, it is the same chip you find on the $100+ Core3D Recon3D audio cards from Creative, and it is an actual audio processor. it isn't one of those Realtek codecs that work with the Intel HD Audio in the PCH. It also uses a single PCI-E 1x 2.0 lane from the PCH.  So if you have a PCI-E 1x used on the board, please unplug it and intall it on another PCI-E 1x slot.  Please read the user manual, it sure has something about which PCI-E 1x lane it uses, so there won't be any mistake.  You might have to re-install the driver but it would be surprising.

Cheers