Official GIGABYTE Forum

installation is utter rubbish!

ugha

installation is utter rubbish!
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »
I know that Gigabit has some good motherboards, I just bought another one (EG41MFT-US2H). Seems to work great.

But!!! The installation of the drivers and software, I have to say is below all critics. It simply is rubbish on a CD.

First of all, the GUI for it is something of a custom freakshow. It rebooted three times without prompting me during the installation. And when it finally is installed, it prompts me to reboot. What kind of a joke is this. Common, hire some application developers to do a quality installation for a quality product.

Cheers!!

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
Re: installation is utter rubbish!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:54:26 pm »
I know that Gigabit has some good motherboards, I just bought another one (EG41MFT-US2H). Seems to work great.

But!!! The installation of the drivers and software, I have to say is below all critics. It simply is rubbish on a CD.

First of all, the GUI for it is something of a custom freakshow. It rebooted three times without prompting me during the installation. And when it finally is installed, it prompts me to reboot. What kind of a joke is this. Common, hire some application developers to do a quality installation for a quality product.

Cheers!!

Hello there, my last GBT board was the x38 DQ6 and i feel your pain in regards to the installation CD (it looks too busy) however in order to help GBT developers further can you post some screeenies and noste dwon exactly in point for point form what you find wrong with it?

gilgamesh
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:40:34 pm by runn3R »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:07 pm »
I think if you buy a high-end board the software is better. My experience has been flawless with my X58A-UD5 software DVD, although I only installed one driver from it - the rest I downloaded from their website.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »
I pop in the DVD on my X58A-UD3R, go to the "install all" tab and uncheck all the power saving junk and away it goes, boots a couple of times and when done asks to press ok to reboot the PC, easiest driver install of any mobo I've ever owned... why does it make you so angry?

I'm a developer and it seems pretty logical and simple to me. I guess different things cheese off different people.

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 01:40:36 pm »

Cheers!!

A suggestion to gigabyte to make the menu less busy:

My idea would to have a basic and advanced mode option in the disk menu

basic just displays the drivers to install ONLY
aDVANCED also dispays drivers PLUS monitoring tools and any extra utilities that gigabyte has bundled

This i feel is the best way to go ahead!

gilgamesh
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news