Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 - Power Button on mobo just flashes at me?

Hi All

Bought a brand new Gigabyte G1 Sniper z87 on wednesday and had it delivered yesterday, a new i7 4770k and a new Phantek Enthoo Primo case.

Got home, set it all up, i am using 16gb of Corsair Dominator 1600mhz Ram, Antec Kuhler 920 CPU cooler, 1 Corsair 120gb SSD, 2 Mechanical hard drives, a Radeon R9 290 GPU and my Lepa 750w "B" Bronze rated PSU.

These parts apart from the new bits obviously were taken out of my Z68 rig which i powered off.

Plugged it all in, and was greeted by a red flashing power button on the mobo when i plugged the power in, pressing the button does nothing, pressing the case power button does nothing. No fans even attempt to spin on the system at all.

Is the motherboard borked? i literally took it out of the packet, screwed it in, put in CPU, cooler and cabled everything up, bit disappointed as this is my first Gigabyte motehrboard and i had heard good reviews about them.

I have been looking for a compatibility list to see if my PSU or anything is not supported but have been unable to find anything.

Anyone have any advice?

ysw

Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 - Power Button on mobo just flashes at me?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:54:48 am »
you may power up it outside the chassis.
maybe somewhere short and make it no boot up.