Official GIGABYTE Forum

z87x-oc force and sleep

z87x-oc force and sleep
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:09 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've just completed building a Hackintosh with this motherboard and there's something I'm having trouble understanding and getting to work. When the OS is put to sleep, the screen turns off and the onboard LED goes out indicating the system has gone to sleep. However, the fans keep running and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with OC Trigger. Also, even though it appears the system has gone to sleep, it has actually turned off because it won't wake and the only thing that brings it back up is to press the power button on the case which causes the computer to come on as though it has been rebooted.

Is there anything in the bios that disables the OC Trigger. I feel certain from the description of OC Trigger and the symptoms I'm experiencing that the computer won't sleep because of this feature.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

ysw

Re: z87x-oc force and sleep
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 02:21:41 am »
do you press "Sleep" by startup button?
or let it go to sleep automatically.  -->the default is turn off monitor after 15 min idle. (fan is still running) go to sleep after 30 mins idle.(fan will be off).
if u didn't press any OC button, it will not take effect.

Re: z87x-oc force and sleep
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:08:50 am »
Thanks but I found the problem. The OC Trigger button was on. Once I turned it off, everything worked as it should.