Official GIGABYTE Forum

slow at booting

slow at booting
« on: February 09, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »
Hi had my ga z87x ud5h mobo for quite  a while now. Normally it boots to win 7 on ssd drive and 1tb hdd as storage and a 500gb as back up. suddenly after case mods, my plastic L broke off the sata power lead to my 1tb drive. So I copied my broken drive onto my 500gb drive. Now it boots up really slow after bios screen. Flashing curser in top left corner, for ages. It even asked if I wanted to boot to win 7 or something else tonight. I updated bios from f7 to f8 and was ok I think for a few boots. Anyway, its dead slow again. If I boot from ssd alone its ok but not with hdd in. Nothing is clocked. All settings are standard other that setting memory from 1300 to 1600

Re: slow at booting
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:06:01 pm »
At end of flashing curser it says "MBR ERROR 3" done some searching and it says insert win7 disc, boot from disc, repair "bootrec.exe/fix". It came up with "wrong version of windows" searched again and it will only do it with 1 drive installed. I tried to do all this with just my ssd drive in. Cam eup with same message yet it boots perfect on it sown anyway. Back up drive isn't set as a boot drive anyway