Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't see Smart Fan in EasyTune Z87M-D3H

Can't see Smart Fan in EasyTune Z87M-D3H
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:31:49 am »
Hello, I just built a new pc with a Z87M-D3H and have downloaded EasyTune on Windows 8.1. Have 2 case fans and a noctua cpu cooler which I have plugged in correctly and they are spinning. I would like to set the fan speed using Smart Fan on EasyTune. So I open up EasyTune and on the left can see Smart Quick Boost, Advanced CPU OC and Advanced DDR OC. There is no option for Smart Fan. Checking the manual it says in BIOS and in PC Health Status the fan speed control must be set to Normal which is the default setting. So I've been into BIOS and confirmed CPU Fan, SYS_FAN1 and SYS_FAN2/SYS_FAN3 are all set to Normal. All BIOS settings are default and haven't been changed. Go back to EasyTune and still no option for Smart Fan.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, what am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can't see Smart Fan in EasyTune Z87M-D3H
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:26:50 am »
Problem solved - I was using EasyTune that I downloaded from the Gigabyte website. Uninstalled it and re-installed from the disc that came with the motherboard, EasyTune is now available.

tempe

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 12:31:57 am »
Smart Fan 2 went missing!! I just updated easytune because of the @-bug. Now i cannot control fans. Can i find earlier version of easytune somewhere? Can i separately download smart fan ?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:12:37 am »
Problem solved - I was using EasyTune that I downloaded from the Gigabyte website. Uninstalled it and re-installed from the disc that came with the motherboard, EasyTune is now available.

Well using an older version with bugs isn't really solving a problem... I do hope they have a good explanation for this or I happily get a Z97 from MSI instead of G1...I like when company can write they own drivers / utility as they should!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:45 pm »
The Smart Fan control seems to have been relocated to the System Information Viewer utility, available on the website. (At least for the Z87X-UD5H mobo.)
Seems a lot of utilities/apps have been renamed and/or moved to other apps lately.  Worse, many of them either flat-out don't work or offer severely limited functionality.  For example, one app (don't remember which, as I've uninstalled them all in disgust) displays the info for my Crucial 480GB solid state system drive, then says right underneath it "Warning, no SSD drive detected."  Asinine.  The Smart Recovery2 utility installed to my x64 directory, whereas every other AppCenter-supported utility has installed in the x86 directory.  AppCenter doesn't even see the Smart Recovery2 installation.
MB:   GB GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU: i7 4770k
GPU: EVGA GTX-780 SC
PSU:  Corsair RM-750
HSF:  Zalman CNPS9900 MAX
MEM: G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 8GB @1866)
HDD: Crucial M500 480GB SSD
         WD VelociRaptor 1TB HDD
         WD Black Series 2TB HDD
AUD: Asus Xonar DX
O/S:  Win8.1 x64
CHA: Sentey GS-6