Official GIGABYTE Forum

Does the GA-P55M-UD4 have a motherboard speaker?

Frukoz

Does the GA-P55M-UD4 have a motherboard speaker?
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:17:17 am »
If not then how can I tell if there is something wrong with my components?

Would I need to buy one separately or would I be able to use either the back panel audio and/or case panel audio to register beeps?

Thanks!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Does the GA-P55M-UD4 have a motherboard speaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:21:36 am »
Hi there
If you are talking about the POST beeps in bios then you will need either a chasis with a built in speaker or you will need to get one.
You cannot hear the post beeps through the onboard audio.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Frukoz

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:46:58 am »
Hi absic115,

Thanks for your reply... Yes I am referring to the POST beeps and am quite surprised that Gigabyte don't include these on this board.

I don't have a speaker on my chassis, but I do have an audio jack... I am guessing that this is also considered "on-board audio"?

Thanks again.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 11:54:55 am »
To be honest, not many Mobo manufacturers include this essential piece of kit these days. I guess that it is assumed it will come with the chasis.

If you are in the UK you can get hold of a mobo speaker from Maplin pretty easily and they are not too expensive. (£4.99 will get you a full  mobo testing switch set which I have found really useful. Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98842 )

Annoying but that's how it is at the moment.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.