Official GIGABYTE Forum

3rd J1900N-D3V still not working.... starting to get frustrated.

Hello everyone,

First time turning to forums for support in 20+ years because I have never been this frustrated. I apologize if parts of this read as a complain because it may be both.

I purchased a GA-j1900-d3v, first one I received would boot up the display would light up and I would see the launch sequence, after about 5-10 seconds it would restart. I called amazon and they processed a refund within 10 minutes! The fun part was WAITING 3 WEEKS to get the item in stock, this was a sign I should have taken the refund and ran. When I finally received that motherboard I was mid way though a move, kept it in the original box and set it with everything else. Almost a month later I finally got around to using it only this time I realized it was more dead than the last one. Try to power it on, the power LED is on, the fans spin for anywhere from 5 to 25 seconds. The display is always black and it will eventually click off, then back on again. I have tried this with 6 different memory modules, in both single and double module configurations. I had a brand new 32GB SSD that I switched out at one point, even tried running the motherboard completely bare. I attached one of 3 power supplies; a BRAND NEW 200watt PICO psu, a 300watt ATX (about 6 months old) and a high end 500watt gaming PSU that is about 3 years old, NONE of these made a difference but all of my power supplies and memory modules worked on any other machine they could possibly fit in.

At this point I was pretty angry so I contacted Gigabyte support as its been a bit after the Amazon exchange policy, after a week I was given an RMA number and a fantastic 2-3 weeks of waiting I receive the motherboard in the same box,  and same ESD bag as I sent it in. It almost felt like nobody bothered taking it out of the box? But hey, how would I know, no paperwork was attached. Online the status read "small damage - replacement not needed", which was amazingly informative! When I tested it; same exact issue is still present.

I bought this board as a tester before buying a large amount of the same board for a NAS based project I was in the process of making. I ended up buying a more expensive product from a different company but I will not give up on fixing this board.

If you have any ideas please let me know; I have done just about everything you can think of, but I must be missing something!

Thank you

Re: 3rd J1900N-D3V still not working.... starting to get frustrated.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:43:12 am »
I suppose I had similar problem, but couldn't understand everything?

I need answers specially on the following questions:
Do you hear single beep as motherboard starting normally?
Can you tell me make and model of your monitor, and which video output are you using - DVI or VGA, and make and model of RAM?

The support from GB is awful, don't count on them.