Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Gtx 1080 Xtreme - one fan didnt stop even with low temperatures.

sew333

Hello. Yesterday i had ,one time event weird issue with one of the fan on Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. So always after quitting game when temperature decrease to idle 40C , 3 fans stopping and i see FAN STOP logo , this is normal. But yesterday i when quit game, temperature decrease to 40C like always, but this time 2 fans only stop, and 1 fan was working and he didnt stop no matter what. Temperature was low 40C so temperature is not reason why he didnt stop.
So i run game again ,make card hotter again ,quit game and this time 3 fans stop like it should. So it was random fan bug,bios issue or power issue?

But now its ok. Why this happpened one time?

This fan didnt stop:

Any ideas why it has happened just once? Should i worry?

If this does matter my psu is Corsair 750 RM

As described in another topic here, I also get weird behaviours with the fans on my 1080 G1 Gaming (non-Xtreme).

I never experienced a problem after load conditions, but what happens quite often during idle is, that one or more of the fans just spin up for a second or so. This mostly happens one or two degrees below the configured temperatur where the fans should actually start.
Since the fans (sadly) make some weird noise on spinup (in my case they sound like a harddrive is being accessed) I've just made my own manual fan setup with 20% fan speed below 50°C (I can't hear them trough my case, but the spinup is clearly noticeable and somewhat annoying).

There's a F2_beta BIOS (don't know if also for the Xtreme one) where it's stated that the fan duty cycles have been improved, sadly that didn't change anything in my case.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:39:39 am by OutOfRange »

sew333

My fans are spinning normally without problems. I am asking about other thing.

Yesterday i when quit game, temperature decrease to 40C like always, but this time 2 fans only stop, and 1 fan was working and he didnt stop no matter what. Temperature was low 40C so temperature is not reason why he didnt stop.

It happened only once , now 3 fans stop spinning due to low temps. If i rma card i cant be sure if they accept because it will be very hard to reproduce.

danielmt

I have this fan issue. This is a random issue?!
I update the BIOS to F1 and nothing change.
One fan stays on even with temperatures below 40º. The "Fan Stop" logo lit but one fan remains active.
Somebody figured out how to fix this issue?

My card is a GTX 1070 G1 Gaming by the way!