Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X- d3h rev 1.1 won't power on

GA-Z77X- d3h rev 1.1 won't power on
« on: August 05, 2016, 08:19:14 am »
Hi guys,

I have had this motherboard for nearly 3 years.  It says on the board itself revision 1.1 - however when I tried countless times to upgrade the bios it said the 1.1 version I had was an Id error on all of the avilable version for my revision .

I had to in the end use the gigabyte tool to download and upgrade the bios in windows.

The psu ive had until now is an XFX XXX 750w. The psu is now making terrible coil whine and can't deal with it and for the life of me can't find the receipt / Warranty.

Anyway the other day I ordered a EVGA 650w GS. Plugged it all in... Won't boot at all. Fans spin for one second.

I disconnect everything apart from mothe board power.. Still nothing.

So I plug my old one up. Boom powers straight up.

I send the evga one bacK.

I've now bought a Corsair 650w rmi. Guess what.. The same god damn thing. 

Seriously? How is this motherboard incompatible with every single new decent psu?

I'm angry and frustrated that such kit from Gigabyte is poorly constructed to not handle a decent psu from two completely different manufacturers. Yet handles my old XFX made by sea sonic at the time and is only bronze rating.

Can anyone help me please on what to do?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:20:07 am by Jackle88 »

Re: GA-Z77X- d3h rev 1.1 won't power on
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:22 am »
Don't worry everyone.. including official gigabyte reps..  I've sorted it by working out the issue.

Thanks for the non existent welcome and help/advice - worst forum and community spirit ever.