Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD5 / JMicron E-SATA driver issue

GA-X58A-UD5 / JMicron E-SATA driver issue
« on: May 28, 2011, 11:47:06 am »
Hi,

Have the GA-X58A-UD5 with the JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.62_WHQL_eSATA.zip driver installed. Win7 SP1 64bit on desktop, 32bit on my laptop.
I have Seagate Barracuda LP 1500Gb in a IcyBox external enclosure connected per eSATA to the rear ports of my UD5.
Problem:
When I start the computer and later start the eSATA enclosure, drive appears in Windows and everything is ok. Occasionally I use to hot-disconnect the eSATA cable from the drive and the connect the enclusore through another eSATA cable to my DELL Notebook. Drive appears in the laptops OS, everything runs fine, can copy my files. Later, when I disconnect the laptops eSATA cable and put the eSATA cable from the desktop back in the external enclosure, the drive should be detected again by desktop OS. Nothing happens here. I have checked the cables, the power supply, but the drive is not recognized ( also not in disk management ). Only when I restart the computer, the drive appears again.

Why does the eSATA drive gets not recognized after using under different computer?

Thanks for help.

Pluto