Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD5 BIOS Setup

Alibaby

GA-990FXA-UD5 BIOS Setup
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:42 am »
Hello, this my first time and I hope I get it right.

I have the following parts for assembly :

PhenomIIx6 1100t
Ga-990fxa-ud5 motherboard
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz
Gigabyte gtx-580 graphics card
WD1002FEAX 1TB hdd
LG DVD/RW
Win7 64 bit OS
Bliss 1000W Gaming PSU

I can assemble the parts myself but do not know how to set up the BIOS as I want the WD hdd as the main drive and later will be adding 2TB hdds for mass storage.
Do I need to load RAID drivers  and if so how and how to setup the DVD/RW  on th motherboard as well?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated ( I read the manual but it is unclear as to how to do this)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990FXA-UD5 BIOS Setup
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:55:08 am »
Hi there,

I go through some of the BIOS settings in this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,5704.msg45815.html#msg45815 which may prove helpful.

Are you planning to use a RAID Array for the storage drives when they come along or are you going to keep them as separate drives?

Currently, on my system, I have 4 HDD's attached to the AMD SATA3 ports in AHCI Mode and my DVD/CD writer attached to the Marvell SATA Port in IDE.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Alibaby

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:52 am »
Thanks for the prompt reply . All the drives would be separate. I saw and read through your living review , it is brilliant.  It made the hardware setup easy as pie.Will  be starting the setup tomorrow , if I can get my head around this. Again many thanks.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:45 am »
Hi again,

Not sure which BIOS version you are currently running but if you PM your e-mail address I will forward the F5b BETA BIOS that I am using as, when I first installed all of my HDD's using the F3 BIOS I had problems when rebooting of actually getting back into BIOS to make changes and I had to shutdown and restart before I could do so. The F5b BIOS fixes this issue along with a couple of other things.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Alibaby

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »
Thanks for the BIOS update , thought it might be a good idea to download all the latest drivers for the board to be safe. Will keep you apprised of the situation as I mess it up

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »
Will keep you apprised of the situation as I mess it up

That's what I like to see, a little bit of confidence!  :D

If you do run into any problems then let us know, there are plenty of people willing to offer help and advice on the forum.

Alibaby

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »
Thank you and eveyone else on the forum, this is the first one of been on where the people are as good as their word. The product isn't too shabby either. Hope to talk to you soon  on the new beast.