Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA h55n - usb3 v1 itx motherboards

GA h55n - usb3 v1 itx motherboards
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:44:54 am »
I am a dealer in Toronto and i want to say how dissapointed with your company I am. I have installed four of your boards in various companies the configurations are standard i3-4gig et.. and 3 of them intermittently showed the exact same symptoms after different periods of time by randomly shutting down for no reason. At first i thought maybe its thermal or the powersupply or the cpu or the harddrive and after replacing the motherboards twice and creating havoc with my customers i strpped down a machine on a test bench with different everything but same motherboard and sure enough it failed. I became so frustrated that i replaced the gigabyte h55n motherboard with an asus comparison and it worked right away and is still working from 3 months ago and put the old gigabyte motherboard in a problem pile as rma it would only create the same problem with a replacement board. I found out today that the remaining gigabyte h55n motherboard in a customers use is now shutting down intermitently so again i have to find a solution for this customer which if i dont want to inconvenience him is to replace it with a asus version and hope i can find one still with a 1156 socket or i will have to replace the cpu as well to get a 1155 i3 version. Very dissapointed dealer..... verry frustrated dealer......

Louis/.............

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GA h55n - usb3 v1 itx motherboards
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:34:49 am »
Hi and welcome Louis.

I am sorry to hear of your problems with these motherboards especially one after the other going down. I am truly surprised though as although I haven't had one personally, I understood that they were very good, solid boards. I can only suggest that you complain to your supplier and the nearest Gigabyte office which I believe is in the United States. There is nothing that we can do on the UK forum here I'm afraid. :-\
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB