Official GIGABYTE Forum

DMI Pool data hang GA-EX58-UD5

DMI Pool data hang GA-EX58-UD5
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »
    I have an EX58-UD5 with a couple of 150GB Raptors in Raid0 as my Boot drive.

A couple of days ago, the machine crashed coming out of sleep, and since then, will not boot past "Verifying DMI pool data".

When I say will not boot, I mean it will not boot from the Raptors, from a Windows disk, from another hard drive, from a Linux LiveCD, etc, regardless of if I have the Raptors connected, or just a DVD drive or other hard drive.

The raptors are visible as a Raid array attached to my other PC, I can browse and transfer files.

Setting the board to AHCI mode does not help, it still will not boot from anything.

Setting the board to IDE mode works, I am currently in Windows booted from an install I did last night to a random spare drive I had. Of course, this means no NCQ, no Raid, and I want the stuff on my Raptors!!

Reflashing the BIOS to various versions (started on F13j, moved to F13u, then F12, now F9) makes no odds.

When in Qflash, I have tried both keeping and discarding the DMI pool data.

Is there anything I can do here? I'm starting to think it is new motherboard time, which is an expense I can't really afford right now :(

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: DMI Pool data hang GA-EX58-UD5
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:49:34 am »
Hi and welcome.

The next thing to try is to clear the CMOS.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

Don't forget to enter your RAID details into the boot sequence before booting up for the first time.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB