990fxa ud7 motherboard won't show display or accept keyboard/mouse

vixis

Problem:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA UD7
Memory: 4x4GB Kingston Matched DDR3
Gfx: Sapphire Radeon 6770 GDDR5
PSU: Corsair 750TX
CPU: Phenom II X4 960T

Computer starts, CPU fan runs, system fans runs. So i assume the CPU is working?
The error leds on the motherboards says 00 (zero zero)
Graphics card does not function in either x16 slots; blank screen. (i have to identical cards tried both, none gives me picture.
rear USB ports are not working, so keyboard is not working so i cant get go BIOS even if i had working graphics card.

Everything worked perfectly before putting my hardware into this board.

I connected the main ATX power plug and all fans and leds and reset,power buttons work.

I also connected the 8pin 12v ATX plug (it was a 4 +4 plug that could be snapped together to make a 8 plug. My last mobo just needed one one if them.

My wattmeter tells me the system is using 75 watts wich is WAY too low so something is wrong. my last mobo ildled at about 150 watts.
Connected the PC speaker, does not make any sounds

Customer support said that this mobo should work with my 960T even the board comes with F2 bios. he said i only needed to upgrade to F6 to unlock hex core.
But i dont even get a picture so i cant get to bios

I am dumbfounded. Please help me
I cannot upgrade to BIOS F6 because i dont have access to bios or anything.

Please help me!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 990fxa ud7 motherboard won't show display or accept keyboard/mouse
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:09:58 pm »
Hi there,

I don't know who advised you that the Phenom 960T is supported from BIOS F2 but they are wrong. I have just checked the CPU support list for your motherboard and it needs F6 http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3880

Sadly, the only way to update the BIOS is to use a supported processor and if you do not have one that you can use, then you would need to find a PC repair shop who would be willing to do the update for you, but of course they would probably charge for doing this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

vixis

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:20:27 pm »
Will my AMD Athlon X2 64  AM2+ CPU work in this board so i can do the update?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:22:07 pm by vixis »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »
Sadly not, you need an AM3 processor. Please check the link I provided above for supported CPU's. You will need one that will work with F2 shown in the last column.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

vixis

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:36:28 pm »
Sadly, I dont have any other AM3 lying around. I am gonna call the company on monday and give them a mouthfull.