Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issues with Memory on Ga-x58a-ud5

Issues with Memory on Ga-x58a-ud5
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »
I had this issue with my first motherboard as well, the ga-x58a-ud3r.

I continue to get Dram error settings. I am using the corsair xms3 @1333 mhx 3x2 ram with the ud5 rev 2.0 motherboard.
I have manually changed the dram voltage settings and the qpi settings.
I have tested the ram one stick at a time, (which is how im working right now, one stick in the 2nd slot (A1) ran memtest on all of it.
When I Change my ram voltages in bios it will boot up, but then show something like 4 gigs of ram(12 gigs available. since I have 2 sets of it.
On restart it will boot,and then get another Dram error. The settings won't change back afterwards but stay the way I changed them in the bios.
I had this exact same issue with the ga-x58a-ud3r. Dram errors, not showing full ram, crashes. One day it just worked after spending countless hours screwing around with it.

Full build is:
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model HX3X12G1333C9
Ga-x58a-ud5 mobo rev 2.0
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601960

I Have also reseated my cpu. I have seen this issue on other forums and one that never really gets answered as to what the issue was. Obviously it has something to do with the mobo's.
Also I tried my friends 3x4 G-skill Ripjaw with the exact same errors.

Any help or advice on this subject would be fantastic, I am about ready to take this thing out to a pasture and office space it.