Official GIGABYTE Forum

SPDIF_IN not working

SPDIF_IN not working
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:17:01 am »
OK I have tried all what I can do here. I just bought a new Logitek 5.1 surround system for my Win 7 system. I have on-board HD Audio Realtek. I just downloaded all the new codecs AC97 for HD audio. Everything works fine like youtube, etc. I can watch and listen to my TV fine only by using the "Line-in" from the "Headphone out" of the TV. So I went and bought the optional gigabyte Digital SPDIF/Coax IN board adapter. It plugs into the PC MB via a 3-pin header.

Now.....in the Realtek manager, under "Digital-in", it reads from top to bottom.

Status "Lock"
Sampling rate "AC3 48KHz"
Date Validation "Invalid"
Copyright Protection "Copy Free"

So I know the MB is reading the Optical input otherwise the Realtek screen changes to "Unlock" when the Optical cable gets unplugged. I can sometimes here popping like it is trying.

My "source" for the optical input that I am trying to capture is from my Comcast Digital cable box. I wanted to listen to true HD audio. I do not think by using the "Headset" out of the TV offers this. I do have all 5 speakers working, and I can actually tell that I am hearing 5.1 from audio sources off the internet. But the SPDIF _in Inop....no sound at all.

Yes, I have tried the panel to configure "Use this device". I thought of disableing the "Line-In" but could not find this option. I tired unplugging the stereo "Line-in" jack from the TV as well.

I heard or read somewhere this could be a PCM issue. But I cannot find any screens where I can change the audio stream.

I have a GA-H57M-US3B MB with On-Board HD Realtek Audio.

Stu