Official GIGABYTE Forum

z77-D3H not booting - fans run for 1/2 second then nothing

Athos

z77-D3H not booting - fans run for 1/2 second then nothing
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:21:02 pm »
Hi,
new to the forums so bear with me,

I recently (1 month ago) bought a new mobo, PSU and graphics card for my computer. Aside from minor hitches setting it up it work beautifully for a month and a bit! Then I came to turn it on today and the fans run for 1/2 second and then nothing. This repeats every 5-10 seconds. It was similar to problems I've had with a short circuit before so I took it out of the case and unplugged everything. I reattacked the PSU and no luck.

I removed the memory, no luck. I tried it with my old 500W PSU, no luck. I took out the battery from the mobo for 30+ mins, no luck. I tried clearing the CMOS (by shorting the wires for that (I think), no luck. I'm not out of ideas at this point. I have no idea why it would suddenly stop working after a night when I have had no problems over the last month and the components are all new.

Here is what I have:
z77-D3H MoBo
Intel Core i5 3570
Samsung 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 30nm dual memory kit
HIS HD 7850 IceQ 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair Builder Series CX 600W V2
Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 NCQ 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache

Any help would be appreciated because I am very unkeen on replacing any parts so soon after purchasing new ones. As I've tested with a different PSU I feel the MoBo might be the most likely culprit.

Thanks in advance

Re: z77-D3H not booting - fans run for 1/2 second then nothing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:08 am »
I had a similar problem with an intel board that was about a month old. Turns out the board was shorted internally. I had to RMA it.