Official GIGABYTE Forum

Will Gigabyte release new BIOSes that unlock only one core instead of two?

Stiliyan

Re: Will Gigabyte release new BIOSes that unlock only one core instead of two?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 12:41:14 pm »
Hi
Follow the link and in gigabyte mobo's about halfway down,
Cheers
Sorry. I can't see this information :@:@:@
I would be very grateful if you copy-paste it to me in PM or here... :)

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »
I would like to know this too.
Anyway I've tried F1 version and I can see now 3 cores and L3, but it's not stable, sometimes it will boot with 2 cores, sometimes with 3 cores, but the L3 remains activated in both cases

Pottypete

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:27 pm »
Hi,
My bad, Sorry guys, ( mental note to self, learn to read)
Regards

Stiliyan

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »
BTW the owners of MA770-UD3 rev.2 are lucky guys :D >:(
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3097#anchor_os
Add CPU Core Control option
I am wondering why the others motherboards don't have new bios?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:34:57 am by runn3R »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 09:48:14 am »
Hi All

Yes, I confirm - bios need to have following description: "Add CPU core control option".

After I checked the website, so far, bios'es for MA770T-UD3, MA770T-UD3P, MA785GT-UD3H, MA785GMT-UD2H/US2H, MA790X-UD4P & MA790FXT-UD5P support this.

And you can enable these cores not only in BIOS but also under EasyTune 6 (ET6) software:
Tuner -> Advanced -> Core Boost : Enabled, then the system will reboot for updating BIOS of EC firmware and will be ready for unleash the hidden CPU cores.

Now you will be able to enable Core 2 and / or Core 3 under ET6
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:59:55 pm by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Stiliyan

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 04:58:41 pm »
Hi All

Yes, I confirm - bios need to have following description: "Add CPU core control option".

After I checked the website, so far, bios for MA770T-UD3, MA770T-UD3P, MA785GT-UD3H, MA785GMT-UD2H/US2H & MA790FXT-UD5P support this.

And you can enable these cores also under EasyTune 6 (ET6) software:
Tuner -> Advanced -> Core Boost : Enabled, then the system will reboot for updating BIOS of EC firmware and will be ready for unleash the hidden CPU cores.

I would like to know when the MA790X-UD4 motherboard will have this function in new bios?

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:37:37 pm »
Hi All

After I checked the website, so far, bios for MA770T-UD3, MA770T-UD3P, MA785GT-UD3H, MA785GMT-UD2H/US2H & MA790FXT-UD5P support this.

And you can enable these cores also under EasyTune 6 (ET6) software:

As I noted in the other thread, I don't think the unlocked cores are necessarily designated as Core 2 or Core 3 so this may not help folks with 1 "bad" unlocked core. After unlock the "bad core" may be Core 0 or 1, which you can't disable.  :(
GA-MA770T-UD3P
AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE @ 3600 Mhz

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 02:46:39 pm »
I would like to know when the MA790X-UD4 motherboard will have this function in new bios?

Hi

Please try with this new F7a bios and feedback if it is available now

Stiliyan

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 05:48:18 pm »

Hi

Please try with this new F7a bios and feedback if it is available now

Thank you very much.I will test it tomorrow and i will post what happened. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Unfortunately my bad core is core 0... I wonder why in the new bios you can disable only core 2 and core 3.In riva tuner is the same story... I hope this will be fixed :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:44:20 pm by Stiliyan »

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 01:02:37 am »
I have the GA-MA785GMT-UD2H.
I the BIOS released say that F4A BIOS have new CPU Core Control option.
I updated. Then in turn BIOS to Hybrid and ACC as Enable (all or individual), qhen i save the modifications (F10) and turned on the PC, nothing occur. Then i enter in BIOS again the modifications not saved (ACC is turned off).
Don't appear nothing in BIOS like as CPU Core Control option.

Where it appear?

In previous BIOS release (F3) the unlock functioned normally, but don't post, becouse one core is not good.
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H | Core i3 4360 | Corsair Vegeance Pro 2x4GB DDR3-2133 11-11-11-24

Stiliyan

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 07:24:31 am »
I updated. Then in turn BIOS to Hybrid and ACC as Enable (all or individual), qhen i save the modifications (F10) and turned on the PC, nothing occur. Then i enter in BIOS again the modifications not saved (ACC is turned off).

Where it appear?

In previous BIOS release (F3) the unlock functioned normally, but don't post, becouse one core is not good.
In the ACC menu it should appear but only when the cpu is with 4 cores(or with 3).

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 01:14:40 am »

Where it appear?

In the ACC menu it should appear but only when the cpu is with 4 cores(or with 3).

What?
But mine is 4 cores. I can umblock in previous F3 BIOS release, but is unstable.
In F4A is not possíble to umblock... and de CPU Core Control dont appear... and when i try to umblock, when i save modifications (F10) the ACC return to "turned Off".
I don't understand why.
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H | Core i3 4360 | Corsair Vegeance Pro 2x4GB DDR3-2133 11-11-11-24

Stiliyan

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 09:05:47 am »

Where it appear?

What?
But mine is 4 cores. I can umblock in previous F3 BIOS release, but is unstable.
In F4A is not possíble to umblock... and de CPU Core Control dont appear... and when i try to umblock, when i save modifications (F10) the ACC return to "turned Off".
I don't understand why.
Yours is not 4 cores, right?
I think that with the new BIOS the PC is very unstable with 4 cores unlocked and the motherboard loads safe settings of the BIOS.The Cpu control option is only availble with the new bios so you can't do anything.Wait for another BIOS to try or ask somebody else.That's just my opinion.Good luck!

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 07:32:43 pm »
Hello

Will a new bios with this option be released for GA-M720d-US3 (nvidia chipset) ?

thx

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 01:33:11 pm »
Hi fredolu

It seems like a duplicated question from:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1032.0.html