Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68P-DS3 - rev1 - pixel issue

Z68P-DS3 - rev1 - pixel issue
« on: January 18, 2013, 10:56:53 pm »
Machine spec: Corsair GS700 - Intel core i5 2300t 2.8ghz - Gigabyte z68p-ds3 r1 -8gb corsair xms3 - sapphire radeon amd 6850 1GB - Win7 x64 Pro

I have been having a problem with pixels showing up on the screen, see attached pic.
The issue does not happen with the Intel HD graphics.

Issue happens with Radeon card.
Returned the graphics card to the retailer and their testing revealed no faults.

currently in conversation with Gigabye Tech support but they're asking me to try it in another system or try another graphics card.
i don't have that option available to me unofortunately at this moment so thought i'd see if anyone had seen the issue before.
The person from Gigabye also asked me to put the card in the other PCIex slot but the problems were considerably worse when i tried that.

I've set the bios to optimized defaults and ran driver sweeper in safe mode to remove any legacy drivers and still the same issues.
The pixel problem can turn into spikes sometimes during games or when a browser is using Java for example.

if anyone has any ideas i'd be more than grateful to get a fix or a solid answer as to whether my hardware isn't functioning correctly,

many thanks

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:38:19 am by yofezzo »

Re: Z68P-DS3 - rev1 - pixel issue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:55:45 am »
Just a quick update,

the answer to this problem i got from Gigabyte Tech Support was to RMA