Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-D3H PCI Soundcard Installation Problem.

GA-Z77X-D3H PCI Soundcard Installation Problem.
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:33:55 am »
Hi All  :)

I'm having difficulty installing a third party PCI Soundcard in the OS, which is Windows 7 with service pack 1.
I've tried to install an Asus Xonar DS PCI 5.1/7.1 sound card and/or a Soundblaster XFi Fatal1ty Champion PCI Soundcard (with the front bay Module)
I know for certain btw.that the XFi card works okay as I've had it installed on an 'older' computer running Win XP.
The Xonar card is a new one that I bought a short time ago and hasn't been used yet.
Both of the relevant card's driver software fails to detect a sound card. I've downloaded the newest drivers/utillity software from both the manufacturers web sites but the same problem still occurs when i try and run the software insallation programs.
I'm using the motherboards onboard sound at the moment, andf that seems to work okay.

I've tried disabling the onboard sound in the bios, and disabling the icons which appear in Device Manager 'Sound, Video and Game controllers', which show up as' AMD High Definition Audio Device & Via high Definition Audio'.
I've checked that the cards are seated properly in the PCI slot btw.
I think that it's highly unlikely that anything is wrong with the PCI slot on the MB...but *shrugs*...I can't tell.
What would be my next step do you think, in trying to resolve this problem?
Any suggestions appreciated.  :)

Computer Specs. as follows.

GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard Rev 1.1, bios. F14
Intel i5 3570K cpu.
MSI Twin Frozr R7950 BE GPU.
4GB Kingston Ballistix Tracer 1600GHz DD3 ram.
Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD
Windows 7 Home Premium (Retail version).

Edit...Just thought to mention that motherboard settings are at Default values. :)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:36:00 pm by Capt. Pugwash »