Official GIGABYTE Forum

990fxa-ud3 rev 3 boot loop, usb keyboard unresponsive

990fxa-ud3 rev 3 boot loop, usb keyboard unresponsive
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
I'm the proud owner of a broken gigabyte motherboard! I bought this board a while ago and it's never booted! It goes to bios splash then blue dual-bios screen and reboots, usb keyboard unresponsive to even access the bios. I've tried everything, tested the power supply, cleared CMOS, tried to boot with nothing attached and nothing works! Seems there may be power throttling issues when I stick a usb drive in the light blinks so I know there getting power but even after computer is powered off for 10 seconds the usb drive keeps blinking! I checked warranty and it's covered for another year and a half but I bought the computer on ebay so I don't know if it will be covered due to I have no proof of purchase. I do have the original motherboard box though. Anyone have any ideas or insight to help me with this issue??

Re: 990fxa-ud3 rev 3 boot loop, usb keyboard unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:49:11 pm »
UPDATE: NOTICED THAT THE NORTHBRIDGE IS ALSO SUPER HOT AFTER BEING POWERED ON FOR 10 SECONDS. ITS TOO HOT TO TOUCH.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:50 pm »
I too am the proud owner of a gigabyte board !
Just Got a gigabyte mother board and Cpu from a well known forum (2nd hand) turns out till not boot anyway, guys had it about a year or so, so its still in warranty ?
Well the lad bought it from either scan or Ocuk (he cant remember  Fair enough)  anyway turns out after a fair bit of faffing about with some help from gigabyte uk the board was supplied from a German wholesaler (who has a uk  Depot) anyway Gigabyte uk wont go near it unless I pay them £30 and then that still wont get a repair under warranty ?
so I eventually get a German gigabyte passport and contact them again and they tell me to go back to the supplier for RMA which I cant as I don't have the invoice number (still waiting on the guy getting back) Oh and if you look on the german web sit the Motherboards have a two year warranty, however uk is three ?
Now when I had a faulty EVGA gtx 680 card I simply went online gave them the serial and they RMA'd it simple, gigabyte could surely do the same  ?
and surely it doesn't mater what country your in if the board has a fault give them the serial and send it to them. Rant over 

tif its like the
 uk you will need an invoice number mate 

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »
Only invoice I can get is one from the guy on ebay I purchased the computer from

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:24:06 pm »
Update: approved for RMA